Module 4: Business Management
9.30 - 16.00
Tips and techniques to enable you to effectively read an organisation to ensure you
• match your offering
• connect with the style and set up of management
• manage your own business affairs accordingly
Who should attend?
Small business practitioners and owner-managers. The workshop will be equally beneficial to those new to running their own business and those who have been operating for some time but with little or no experience of consulting skills or formal training.
Where and when
9.30 - 16.00
19th June 2015
Barnett Hill Conference Centre,
Wonersh, Surrey, U5 0RF
As a result of attending this workshop you will have:
- Explored the importance of ‘reading’ your clients
- Practised techniques for reading an organisation
- Assessed your own capability in communicating action
- Developed a series of questions to suit your own consulting requirements
- Discussed practical issues for running your own business in relation to regulatory requirements, record keeping, and business cycles
- Generated an action plan for your own business and personal skills development
- Why bother?
- Techniques for reading a business
- Questions to ask
- Communicating and connecting with management
- Managing your own business (structure, HMRC, record keeping, admin systems)
- Top tips for managing your own business
- Action planning
The workshop combines theory with practical sessions, providing time for you to reflect on, and develop, your own business skills and offerings.
Throughout the day the workshop leaders will be happy to discuss your own challenges and offer practical advice and ideas.