Module 3: Converting Professional Skills into a Consulting Practice
9.30 - 16.00
How to turn technical / specialist knowledge and skills into saleable products that create demand from customers.
Who should attend?
Those wishing to identify how to turn professional or technical competence into saleable customer solutions. The workshop will be equally beneficial to those new to running their own business and those who have been operating for some time but with little or no experience of consulting skills or formal training.
Where and when
9.30 - 16.00
15th May 2015
Barnett Hill Conference Centre,
Wonersh, Surrey, U5 0RF
As a result of attending this workshop you will have:
- Refined your key professional / specialist offerings into products
- Assessed your technical / professional skills for marketability
- Identified areas for product refinement or development
- Explored client and market segments for your offerings
- Analysed opportunities to develop further sales opportunities
- Generated an action plan for your own business and personal skills development
- The concept of product
- Three types of technical product
- Turning skills and knowledge into problem solvers
- Developing a product with features and benefits
- Marketing differentiated offerings
- Pitching the product
- Follow on selling; cross selling and reselling
- Action planning
The workshop combines theory with practical sessions, providing time for you to reflect on, and develop, your own business skills and offerings.
Throughout the day the workshop leaders will be happy to discuss your own challenges and offer practical advice and ideas.